Thursday, February 19, 2009

Any Ideas???

Dear Rubina Bedi Blog Followers-

I need your help! I have a task which needs to be completed before I leave India.
I need to come up with a plan to change the wards for my Mentally Challenged Patients.
here is the PROBLEM: It needs to be LOW BUDGET, as well as Comprehensive for my Patients. Keep in mind these patients are very low functioning. My Patients sit around in the sun all day, sleeping and doing hardly anything. They need some sort of Activity.
here are some of my ideas: Please ENHANCE

-Wards to be painted in diff colors to add brightness
-Activities: Puzzles, Coloring Books, Drawing, for Educated patients-reading material,
-games
-music
-prizes for best behaved, dressed, for helping sewadars etc..
-Competitions
-Acting Class
-Dance Class
-Performances
-Sports- Badminton

Once it is decided on what to do, we will hire a few girls and train them on how to keep these patients active. Our Patients sit around doing NOTHING, causing their brains to rot, and limbs to stiffen. Its very sad to see these patients just sitting around laying in the sun.

PLEASE HELP WITH YOUR IDEAS!!

Best wishes, and Regards,
Rubina Bedi

5 comments:

Dadda!! said...

Hey!

Sup... good have caught up with your blog and activities. Ok so here's an idea... have them make stuff and sell it online. Idk what they can make but set up a website to promote their wares... and sell it real cheap online... maybe things made out of terracotta clay, baked and painted. Does not have to be anything special... let them make whatever they want and let their creative energies flow. if you sell them for cheap enough on the web that people would not mind paying like $5 incl shipping...the proceeds go to pingal...etc. plus have give them their pages with their pics and stories. when people buy stuff they should get a link to the artist's(patients) page. I think it would be a huge undertaking but with God's grace and Aman's help im sure you will be able to manage.

pyarasingh said...

Prince- FANTASTIC IDEA!!! We have a Art & Crafts/Salie (stitching)Center, and they do sell their stuff; I think that the ONLINE idea is pretty fantastic... I will talk to my seniors about this...I will work on this idea and alter it to the needs of Pingalwara and to the best successful way possible. Thanxxxx so much for your fantastic FEEDBACK! :)

@man! said...

i can help to setup a website and online store for the products. we can take online payments and also online donations.

Dadda!! said...

sup sup? no updates? what did you guys decide about the e-comm idea?

pyarasingh said...

Hey Prince- I was on vacation from work for 3 weeks while aman was in india. Im Back to work- FULL GEAR! so hopefully this week you will see some more posts...
in regards to the e-comm idea, i think its pretty fantastic...but problem is that no one here wants to take the project on their head. People here are very lazy- only for them selves. Its a dying cause, which makes me sick to my stomach. Sometimes i feel that im the only one who actually wants to bring change to this bloody place- any ways- will post more soon!
Regardssssssss Bina :)